Kočevska Reka - a mix of nature and culture
Kočevska Reka is known for its historical role as a closed area during Yugoslavia times and later a birthplace of Slovenian independence. But you can also find marvelous natural sights here. Discover them on a whole-day trip, enjoy the views, observe white-tail eagle or explore mysterious Bunker Škrilj!
Our adventures are based on personal approach and taking your wishes into account so you can choose the number of stops.
The trip can include:
- Tour of village Kočevska Reka where our skilled guide will explain everything about its interesting history and the meaning the location has for Slovenia’s independence.
- Guided tour of Eagle path, situated right on the Kočevskoreško lake. From ornithological observatories we will try to spot the 2 whitetailed eagles that nest here. We will also learn about the complexity of ecological processes and importance of bird of prey conservation.
- Guided tour of Bunker Škrilj, which was built during the cold war 80 metres underground and that encompasses 500 metres of tunnels.
- Lunch at Pr' Slavcu hunter’s lodge and Marina ranch tour
- Guided tour of Kameni most natural reserve karst plateau above Potok valley with multiple chasms, caves and tripple natural bridge.
- Guided tour of Borovška pathway (Unesco site Krokar primal forest and the most southern daffodils site Krempa)
Prices for half-day trip:
1 person 200 €
2 persons 120 €/person
3 persons 100 €/person
4-8 person 90 €/person
Prices for whole-day trip:
1 person 340 €
2 persons 220 €/person
3 persons 180 €/person
4-8 person 140 €/person